As with any relationship that extends over a period of time, you occasionally need to put in the work and reignite the love. I recognized that our love had faded three years ago and, with a little attention and weekly dates, I have been able to fall in love with Chicago all over again. Our friend Brandon once commented: "Nothing can replicate the layers of texture in Chicago." Now I see that extra historic and rugged beauty everywhere and it makes me smile a little extra.
"You pile up associations the way you pile up bricks. Memory itself is a form of architecture."
- Louise Bourgois
April 02, 2024
Do the Work
As with any relationship that extends over a period of time, you occasionally need to put in the work and reignite the love. I recognized that our love had faded three years ago and, with a little attention and weekly dates, I have been able to fall in love with Chicago all over again. Our friend Brandon once commented: "Nothing can replicate the layers of texture in Chicago." Now I see that extra historic and rugged beauty everywhere and it makes me smile a little extra.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Sense of place is often my favorite part of a story. I love it when the setting of a story becomes its own character. For example, I don’t r...
-
Midnight Highway (Thoughts on running) Saturday mornings With Melissa and her Wire Fox Terrier Miko Trotting, talking, scuttling along t...
-
My daughter spends the last days of her single-digit-years kayaking among dreamy domes of vibrant lime green mountain moss in Vermont. Small...
No comments:
Post a Comment